Essentials of Programming
Assignment 3 is worth 10 points and is due Tuesday 4/13 by 11:59 pm.
Python代写推荐 The letter case (lower or upper) for alphabetic letters in the encoded/decodedmessage should be consistent with the original message.
By taking and completing the assignment, you affirm that (1) you will not share or discuss the assignment with any individual or entity; (2) you will not collaborate with anyone on the assignment; (3) you will not engage in any action that compromises the integrity of the assignment and class; and (4) your application strictly involves your solo effort.
Create a message encoder/decoder encompassing the following details. Python代写推荐
- The user enters a message that could include any characters includingnon-alphanumeric characters.
o There are 26 alphabetic letters. Consider space the 27th letter.
- The user then enters a shift code that should be an integer between -26 and 26.
- The application will show the encoded/decoded message based on the shift code entered.
o If you encode a message, each letter in the message will be moved forward throughthe alphabet according to your shift code.
▪ For example, if the message is “ABcd” and the shift code is 1, theencoded message will be “BCde”.
o If you decode a message, each letter in the message will be moved backwardthrough the alphabet according to your shift code.
▪ For example, if the message is “abcd” and the shift code is 2, thedecoded message will be “z ab”. Python代写推荐
o The letter case (lower or upper) for alphabetic letters in the encoded/decodedmessage should be consistent with the original message.
o Other characters, such as numbers and special characters, that are not amongthe abovementioned 27 letters should appear unchanged in the encoded/decoded message.
▪ For example, if the message is “@5AM” and the shift code is -1, theencoded message will be “@5 L”.
The application should display the followingmenu:
o 1.Encode amessage
o 2.Decode amessage
- When the user selects from the menu, if he/she enters anything but 1, 2, or 3, theapplication should tell the user his/her selection is invalid.
- Ifthe user selects 1, he/she should be able to type in a message and then enter a shift The application should then display the encoded message. Python代写推荐
- Ifthe user selects 2, he/she should be able to type in a message and then enter a shift The application should then display the decoded message.
- The shift code entered by the use should be an integer between -26 and 26. If the userenters anything else, the application should tell the user to enter a valid shiftcode.
The menu should continuously be displayed until the user selects 3. Python代写推荐
Please see below an output sample and try those entries to test your application.
- I first entered two invalid selections (i.e., “a” and“one”).
- Next, while trying to encode a message, I entered two invalid shift codes (i.e., “30” and “fifteen”). Then, I changed the code to “15” and received the encoded
- Next, I decoded a
- Finally, I stopped (entering“3”).
Please see the rubric on page 3.
Please include your entire code in one cell and upload your notebook file (.ipynb file) on blackboard.
Total points possible: 10 points
Requirements: Your application MUST at least accomplish the followings: Python代写推荐
- /1 The algorithm and logic of the application are reasonable and efficient.
- /8 The application includes the functionalities suggested by the case.
a. ___/1 Keeps displaying the menu until the user selects 3.
b.__ _/1 Reminds the user to make a valid selection if the user enters anything except 1, 2, or 3.
c. / 2.5 Encodes messages accurately when the user selects 1.
d. /2.5 Decodes messages accurately when the user selects 2. Python代写推荐
e._ /1 Reminds the user to enter a valid shift code if the user enters a number out of range or non-numeric characters.
3. /1 The application runs smoothly without error.