Coursework Brief – Individual assignment
设计策略报告代写 Write a case study about an organisation that has applied design thinking/strategic design/human-centred design/service design ···
Module name: Design
Module code: MSIN0024
Nature of assessment – individual or group: Individual
Section A: Core information
|This assessment is marked out of||100|
|% weighting of this assessment within total module mark||50|
|Word count/page length – maximum||2.000 words|
|Footnotes, appendices, tables, figures, diagrams, charts included in/excluded from word count||Included
|Bibliographies, reference lists included in/excluded from word count||Excluded
|Penalty for exceeding word count/page length||Yes – 10 percentage points deduction, capped at 40% for Levels 4,5, 6, and 50% for Level 7. Refer to Academic Manual Section 3: Module Assessment – 3.13 Word Counts.|
|Academic misconduct (including plagiarism)||Academic Misconduct is defined as any action or attempted action that may result in a student obtaining an unfair academic advantage. Refer to Academic Manual Section 9: Student Academic Misconduct Procedure – 9.2 Definitions.|
|Penalty for late submission||Yes. Refer to Academic Manual Section 3: Module Assessment – 3.12 Coursework Deadlines & Late Submissions.|
|Submitting your assignment||The assignment MUST be submitted to the module submission link located within this module’s Moodle ‘Submissions’ tab by the specified deadline. Where the assessment is group work, each group should nominate ONE (1) person to upload the submission on behalf of their group. Do NOT submit more than one submission per group.|
|Anonymity of identity||The nature of this assessment is such that anonymity is not required.|
Section B: Coursework Brief and Requirements 设计策略报告代写
Write a case study about an organisation that has applied design thinking/strategic design/human-centred design/service design in response to a challenge.
You can pick a commercial firm of any size, a public sector body, a social enterprise or a policy context to write about.
Do not use a design consultancy such as IDEO or write about Apple or IBM. Do not use the same company you used for your Strategy by Design project.
While you may use information provided by design consultancies who worked on a project, you should analyse the activities and impact on the organisation that did the project. You can do original research (e.g. by doing interviews with a firm) or use existing resources such as blog posts, articles, academic papers, book chapters, talks or videos, or a mixture of these.
Your case study should include discussion of the following 设计策略报告代写
- What was the context in which “design thinking” was applied? How familiar was the organisation with design approaches before starting the project?
- How and why was this approach chosen? What were the expectations?
- What activities took place and how were things organised? What happened along the way? What frameworks were used to shape the activity?
- What resources (skills, knowledge, methods, financial resources) were involved?
- Who was involved, when, how and why?
- What were the outcomes of using this approach and for whom? What were the benefits of using a design thinking approach?
- What were the challenges and how were they overcome (or not)?
- Did the organisation invest further in developing a design capability?
Students will be expected to draw on the full range of knowledge and skills they have developed during the MSIN0024 Design module and demonstrate their ability to integrate this knowledge and apply it in novel situations.
Penalties for Over-Length Coursework 设计策略报告代写
- For this assignment the maximum word count is 2,000 words.
- The word count includes tables, diagrams and illustrations (and their captions) and footnotes.
- The word count does notinclude the bibliography and appendices.
- Use appendices for supplemental evidence, tables, data and images. While you can provide additional text in your appendices, this should be limited to short explanations of the supplied evidence/table/data. It is important that all of your conclusions and your key arguments are provided in the main body of your report, not in the appendices.
- Assessed work shouldn’t exceed the prescribed length. For work that exceeds the specified maximum length the mark will be reduced by ten percentage marks (10%); but the penalised mark will not be reduced below the pass mark, assuming the work merited a pass.
- In the case of coursework that is submitted over-length and is also late, the greater of the two penalties will apply.
- Plagiarism is defined as the presentation of another person’s thoughts or words or artefacts or software as though they were your own.
- Any direct quotation from the published or unpublished works of other persons must therefore be clearly identified as such by being placed inside quotation marks, and you should identify their sources as accurately and fully as possible.
- A series of short quotations from several different sources, if not clearly identified as such, constitutes plagiarism just as much as does a single unacknowledged long quotation from a single source. Equally, if you summarise another person’s ideas, judgements, figures, software or diagrams, a reference to that person must be made and the work referred to must be included in the reference list or bibliography.
- All coursework will be submitted electronically via Moodle and will be passed through Turnitin – a sophisticated detection system to scan work for evidence of plagiarism. This system gives access to billions of sources worldwide, including websites and journals, as well as work previously submitted to the Department, UCL and other universities.
- For full details of the UCL School of Management’s policy on Plagiarism see the UCL School of Management 2019/20 Guidelines for Students. This document also provides advice on how to reference sources of information.
Section C: Module Learning Outcomes covered in this Assignment 设计策略报告代写
Upon successful completion of the module, students will be able to:
- Identify the contribution that strategic design and design management can make to dealing with organisational issues and contemporary problems.
- Apply methods, tools and techniques from strategic design and design management to support product and service development and innovation.
- Describe when such approaches and methods are relevant and productive and the organisational issues that arise in using them
This assignment is linked to Learning Outcomes L1, L2, and L3.
Section D: Assessment of this Coursework 设计策略报告代写
The case study should demonstrate a clear understanding of the organisation and itsbusiness context. The report should include a Business Model Canvas for the organisation (which can be included in the Appendices). A good answer will demonstrate a clear understanding of each element and be supported by appropriate quantitative and qualitative information. The analysis of the organisation should identify the key challenges that the organisation faces. A very good or excellent answer will include information from multiple sources and demonstrate clear connections between the information included and the logic and analysis of the report.
The case study should demonstrate a clear understanding of the specific challenge(s)/problem(s)faced by the organisation that were the focus of applying design thinking. A good answer will identify the factors shaping this problem and describe the activities through which this challenge became visible and significant from the point of view of decision makers in the organisation. A very good or excellent answer will include information from multiple sources and identify different stakeholders and actors for whom the problem came to be significant, possibly in different and contradictory ways.
The case study should describe the approach selectedand reasons for using this approach. A good answer will outline the approach and describe the activities, methods, outputs and people involved using publicly available materials including academic research but also blogs, social media and reports. A very good or excellent answer will use several sources of information to describe the approach including original material such as interviews and give different perspectives on how things unfolded involving different actors and stakeholders, possibly in contradictory ways.
The case study should describe the resourcesand competences A good answer will use examples to show how resources and expertise were combined by the organisation (internal and external) to carry out the approach. A very good or excellent answer will reflect on the advantages and disadvantages of the choices made.
The case study should describe the outcomesthat resulted from taking this approach. A good answer will use examples to show how the approach taken resulted in particular outcomes, how these were assessed or evaluated, and will discuss the challenges of carrying out the design project. A very good or excellent answer will use multiple sources of information to consider the effects of the project on different actors and stakeholders, possibly in contradictory ways and with incomplete data. The description of outcomes should be linked to the ideas in the McKinsey and Frog Design reports on “The Business Value of Design”.
The report should demonstrate independent critically argued opinions. All sources used should be identifiedand included in a bibliography (included as an Appendix) together with footnote-based references (in the style used in McKinsey Global Institute reports).
The structure you use for the report should reflect both the intended audience and the purpose of the report. A good answer will include multiple sources to support each conclusion and not base its conclusions directly on one source. A very good or excellent answer will demonstrate critical judgement on the choice of sources and the ability to draw conclusions based on incomplete and/or contradictory information.
You are advised to refer to the UCL Assessment Criteria Guidelines, located at https://www.ucl.ac.uk/teaching-learning/sites/teaching-learning/files/migrated-files/UCL_Assessment_Criteria_Guide.pdf
Section E: Groupwork Instructions (If applicable) 设计策略报告代写
This is not a group work assessment and no associated instructions apply.
Section F: Additional Information from Module Leader