AST 20306 System Administration
Lab Task 1 (Week 2)
系统管理作业代写 From now on, just move the cursor up and down, or press the space bar for selection to continue the installation.
To install a Linus Operating System and familiar with the system operations
Part 1. Install the Ubuntu Linux Operation System.
- Download Ubuntu Server 120.04.3 LTS from this site https://ubuntu.com/download/desktop
- Prepare the Virtualbox for install the target Linux Operating system.
- Install the Linux OS image.
Preparation of the VirtualBox for the Ubuntu Operating System
- Change the preferences of Virtualbox, specify the installation space for the target Linux Operating System.
- Create the Bios for Ubuntu
- Set the amount of memory for the target Linux OS. Can set as much as half of the memory available in the system.
- Create a VDI format virtual disk.
- Create with Dynamic allocated space. This means the space is a needed space. Will save some physical disk space.
- Set the virtual disk space to about 30 GB.
- Set the target Linux OS installation iso file location.
- Now it is ready to install the target OS.
Install the Ubuntu Operating System on the VirtualBox
- Click the target OS to start the installation.
Observe that the installation is OK.
- Continue to install.
- From now on, just move the cursor up and down, or press the space bar for selection to continue the installation.
Other than LAMP, don’t need to add new components, because all other components can be installed at later time.
(try to use a simple password, such as “abc123”)
Finish the installation and install the Graphical User Interface
After successfully installed the server, we can continue to install the Graphical User Interface (Desktop Component) to the server.
Start the system, logon as the user just created during the installation process. 系统管理作业代写
On the working space, right click to select “open terminal”.
On the system prompt, execute the following commands:
# sudo apt-get update
#sudo apt-get install Ubuntu-desktop
This install command will add the GUI to the system.
Part 2. Practice GUI Control Console 系统管理作业代写
- Click and start the Console.
Lab exercise 系统管理作业代写
Lab Submission requirements:
- Lab exercise, including all the rest of the lab exercises, are needed to be submitted to Moodle in MS Word format.
- The name of the file should be your Student ID + Student Name.
- You must have the following on top right sideof the document:
Student Name: Frank Lau
Student ID: 5XXXXXXXXXX
No graded can be awarded if the above is not followed.
Lab 1 exercies tasks
- List the most important five Parameters needed to create an user account.
- Try the following, and write down the results (if there are multiple rows of results, list the top three). 系统管理作业代写
c.cd /etc; ls –l