AST 20306 System Administration
Lab Task 2 (Week 2)
系统管理代写 Task 2 – getting familiar with the Linux Operating System In this task, we will walk through the Ubuntu Operation System to get familiar with the OS.
Task 2 – getting familiar with the Linux Operating System 系统管理代写
In this task, we will walk through the Ubuntu Operation System to get familiar with the OS.
1.Open a terminal – right click on the desktop and select “Open Terminal” Try the following shell commands and guess what is the output.
2. #sudo pwd (show the current directory)
3. #ls (list the contents of the current directory)
4. #cd ~ (change directory to home directory, can you guess what is this directory?)
5.Change the password – #sudo passwd (go ahead and change the password. Try to use something easy to remember for the lab practices such as abc123)
6.Change the root password – #sudo password root (this will change the password of the super user)
7. #su – root (This will change the identity to super user and allow you to do task with highest privileges)
8. #groupadd –g 101 newgroup (this will add a new group to the system)
9. #useradd -u 101 –g 101 –d /home/newuser newuser (this will add a new user to the system and will also be added to the group “newgroup”)
10. #su – newuser (change identity to the newly created user)
11. #pwd (show the current directory, what do you do and why?)
With the help from “google”,
Try the following :
- Open another terminal
- Create a new directory by the name “labdir”
- change the owner of the new directory “labdir” to the new user “newuser”
- change the group of the new directory “labdir” to the new groupr “newgroup”