BUSINESS INFORMATION SYSTEMS
Data Visualisation代写 Assist students develop their knowledge of key Data Visualisation concepts and challenges as well as their research
INFS6023 Data Visualisation Data Visualisation代写
THE UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY BUSINESS SCHOOL
BUSINESS INFORMATION SYSTEMS
Semester 1 2019 Individual Projecta
Summary of requirements
Weighting: 15% (of final grade)
Due Date: 15 Apr 2019 – 9:00am
Word Limit and Other requirements:
- 1500 word limit (excluding visualisations and reference list) – see below for further
- Double line spacing, 2.5cm margins and font size of no less than
- Submit an electronic copy by the due date. Use the submission link provided on Canvas in the Assignments Tab (located on the left hand menubar).
- Avoid using foreign languages in theassignment/visualisations.
(1) Background Data Visualisation代写
The purpose of this assignment is to:
- Assist students develop their knowledge of key Data Visualisation concepts and challenges as well as their research and critical thinking
- Encourage students to build their commitment to ongoing reading and research.
- Assist student to reflect on the further development of their skills and capabilities.
(2) Assignment requirements Essay (1500 words total):
Part one: Analyse the Data Visualisation ‘Helping governments and stakeholders make the SDGs a reality’ by the UN (500 Words).
- Link to the visualisation:https://sustainabledevelopment.un.org/#
- Critically analyse the visualisation. List at least four best/worst visualisation practices used in this
- Provide suggestions for
- Use authoritative research resources to support your
- Use adequate
- Demonstrate critical thinking in your Data Visualisation代写
Part two: Using data.gov.au, search and find a data source for analysis and visualisation of a contemporary business or social topic (1000 Words).
- Describe the data source
- Justify the selection and explain why the data source can benefit from the use of Data Visualisation to address a business/social
- Demonstrate critical thinking in your
- Use the different DV concepts and frameworks introduced in weeks 1-7 to reflect on your
- Produce a data visualisation to present your
- Make sure that the visualisation clearly presents the challenges and
- Use interactive visualisation capabilities available with
- The visualisation should be in the format of a dashboard and fit on a single computerscreen Data Visualisation代写
- Additional details:
- Upload the visualisation to Tableau online before the assignment due date
- Make sure to upload the presentation in the correct folder for your stream. For example:INFS6023-STREAM2-Mondays-ROOM4003
- Name your Tableau file SID/Unit of Study/Assignment Name/Semester/Year with the Student ID and the stream number. For example file name:4569752-Stream2
- Provide a link to the visualisation in your Data Visualisation代写
- Make sure the visualisation fits on a single computer
- Note that your fellow students from INFS6023 might have access to the visualisations.
- Do not upload the full assignment to Tableau Online– only the interactive
- Failing to meet these instructions will results in point
The references are not included in the overall word count. Make sure the appropriate referencing and referencing style used (APA see Canvas).
(3) Submission requirements Data Visualisation代写
Submit your assignments electronically by the due date. You will find the link for submitting this individual assignment in the left hand menu tab of Canvas (Parts one and two) where the individual assignment details are located. Assignments should be designed for printing and should not contain a cover sheet. Should submission problems occur, please contact Jemimah Knight as soon as possible.
For Part three: Submit your visualisation on Tableau online by the due date.
How to submit:
Assignment and File formatting Data Visualisation代写
Student Identification (SID) must appear in the header on the top right hand side of each page of the document. Do not include your name. Page number should be bottom right hand side of each page.
File name: SID/Unit of Study/Assignment Name/Semester/Year Example: 1234567INFS6023IndividualProjectS12019
Late assignments will be penalised in accordance with Business School Policy as set out in the UOS outline.
Word Length Data Visualisation代写
Where a student exceeds the word length, the student will lose 10% of the total marks when the submission is 10% above the word length and 10% for each 10% over-length thereafter.
(4.) Assessment Criteria
General explanation of standards
Please refer to the ‘Business School Grade Descriptors’ document posted on the unit of study Canvas site. These grade descriptors are used as a basis for constructing marking schemes in all assessment items. Data Visualisation代写
|Use of literature/ Knowledge of theory||2|
|Attention to purpose
Critical reasoning / critical thinking
|Conforming with instructions (e.g. word length, font, other instructions) Clarity of expression (incl. accuracy, spelling, grammar, punctuation)||2|
|Analysis Problem solving||4|