COMP 7210: Assignment 1
Due: October 10, 2017, 10:00 PM
Objective: Provide research summaries of two papers related to your anticipated thesis topic, using LATEX and BibTeX.
1. In discussion with your supervisor, find two (journal or conference) papers
that you think will be related to your anticipated research topic.
2. Produce a summary of both papers.
3. Include a comparison of the two papers: Do they solve the same problem?
What is the difference between their approaches? If they do not solve the
same problem, why and how are they both related to your research topic?
4. Be sure to use proper citations of both papers.
5. The summary of each paper should be written as an itemized list. This
should include points that summarize the main idea of each paper, the problem being solved, the methods applied, and overall conclusions.
6. Overall you should have 3 itemized lists. One for each paper summary, and
one for the comparison of the 2 papers.
6. Prepare your summary in LATEX and Submit a PDF file, and the .tex and .bib
files to D2L by the assignment deadline.