MKTG7505 Product Strategy and Development
产品战略与开发代考 Whatare the stages of new product development (NPD) process where potential product liability claims can be avoided or minimised?
Additional Exam Information 产品战略与开发代考
|Course code and name||MKTG7505 Product Strategy and Development|
|Semester||Semester 2, 2021|
|Exam type||Final Exam: Online, non-invigilated, centrally scheduled, open book|
|Exam technology||File upload to Turnitin 产品战略与开发代考|
|Exam date and time||Refer to your personal exam timetable for the scheduled date and time of this exam. Your examination will begin at the time specified in your personal examination timetable. If you commence your examination after this time, the end time for your examination does not change. For example, if your examination is schedule for 10am with an end time of 11:40am, even if you commence at 10:30am your end time is still 11:40am.
The total time for your examination from the scheduled starting time will be: 2 hours 10 minutes including 10 minutes planning time. 产品战略与开发代考
A 15-minute submission period is available for submitting your examination. If your examination is submitted after this period late penalties will be applied unless you can demonstrate that there were problems with the system and/or process that were beyond your control.
|Exam window||You must commence your exam at the time listed in your personalised timetable.
You have from the start date/time to the end date/time listed in which you must complete your exam.
|Weighting||This assessment is weighted 45% of your total mark for this course.|
|Permitted materials||This is an open book exam.|
|For Examiner Use Only|
|Total / 45|
- Answer THREE (3) out of FIVE (5) questions
- Writeyour name and student number at the top of page 1 of this document.
- Turnoff the “track changes” option in word before typing your answers into this documen If you keep “track changes” on, then accept all changes in the document before submission.
- Savethis file on your computer as a word file with the following filename: “your student ID – firstname lastname – MKTG7505 fxm.docx”, for example “12345678 – Scott Arthur – MKTG7505 fxm.docx”. 产品战略与开发代考
- Regularlysave your work throughout the exam period to avoid losing any material.
- Aftercompleting the exam, save your work and close the file on your computer.
- Submityour exam file via the Turnitin folder on Blackboard in the Final Examinations section. Upload the document as a word file, not pdf.
- Foreach question your answer can be 300-400 words.
- Typeyour answer below each question.
- DONOT change any page formatting, such as line spacing, margins, font, etc.
- Anymaterials such as text, tables, figures, etc. that are cut and paste from other sources including the lecture slides will get ZERO marks.
Answer THREE (3) out of FIVE (5) questions only (3 X 15 = 45 marks). Answer ALL parts (both a and b) of the question. 产品战略与开发代考
Essay type answers of 300 to 400 words preferred.
(1)Theopportunity identification stage of the new product development process is substantially guided by (a) competitive market position, (b) product innovation charter and (c) product platform planning.
(a)Describeeach of these factors (7 marks).
(b)Discusshow these three factors influence the new product opportunity identification process. Use appropriate examples to illustrate your answer (8 marks).
(2)Themarket-driven and marketdriving views were discussed in this course as alternative approaches to new product development.
(a)Describethe two views indicating key activities undertaken by firms following the two views (7 marks).
(b)Discusshow the two views contribute to successful new product development. Provide appropriate examples to illustrate your answer (8 marks).
(3)Inthis course, we discussed the strengths and weaknesses of several ‘organizational structure options’ for different innovation types.
(a)Compareand contrast the strengths and weaknesses of functional organizational structure with those of project matrix structure (10 marks).
(b)Basedon those strengths and weaknesses, discuss the suitability of each structure to facilitate incremental and radical innovations (5 marks). 产品战略与开发代考
(4)‘Crossingthe chasm’ is seen as the most difficult challenge in marketing of high-tech products.
(a)Whatcauses the ‘chasm’ in high-tech product marketing (7 marks)?
(b)DiscussTHREE entrepreneurial marketing (EM) strategies that help high-tech start-upfirms ‘crossing the chasm’. Provide appropriate examples to illustrate your answer (8 marks). 产品战略与开发代考
(5)TheFord Pinto, Boing Max 737 and Toyota product recalls discussed in seminars amplydemonstrate how new products with defects and flaws can cause substantial harm to the users ofsuch products simultaneously causing a substantial damage to the reputation of such firms.
(a)Whatis a product liability? (5 marks)
(b)Whatare the stages of new product development (NPD) process where potential product liability claims can be avoided or minimised? (10 marks)